Article selection criteria
These are the questions Kim asks as he scans more than 150 articles that arrive each week and decides which to summarize:
- Might this article help improve teaching, leadership, and learning?
- Is it actionable for front-line educators?
- Is it intersting and convincing?
- Does it have evidence of impact?
- Are there promising new ideas?
- Are vintage ideas helpfully refreshed?
- Are there cautions about unwise and ineffective practices?
- Are there good stories from schools?
- Are there lively and authentic quotes from students, educators, or parents?